The daily journal of a student at The University of Texas at Austin.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Good Stuff

Work was ok yesterday. I get to sit at the front desk again today. Blah. UT started today, but I don't have class until tomorrow. It was weird this morning...while I was leaving for work I saw a girl from my apartment complex walking to the bus stop to go to class. I felt old. I'll be ok tomorrow. And, I'll have 88 hours on my next paycheck, so I'll have a nice infusion of cash to start the semester. I'm excited about going to the lake this weekend, and about the fall retreat my church is having for university students the following weekend. It's going to be fun. Over the past day or two Heather and I have been talking about our future careers. A few months ago she mentioned event/wedding planning. I really like the idea because I like planning stuff, but neither of us is willing to make a commitment to something and really start pursuing it. I don't know what to do. All I know is that at the rate I'm going I'm destined to slave away in an office my entire life, and I don't want to do that. I know I'll always have a good job, but I want a job that I love. "The good is always the enemy of the best."

1 Comments:

Blogger postpartumeuphoria said...

omg, wedding planner? interesting. I was thinking something a little more lucrative?

4:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home