The daily journal of a student at The University of Texas at Austin.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

What have I gotten myself into?

A few days ago I mentioned that I was getting more responsibilities at work. I underestimated. My supervisor came into the office this morning and wrote down the 4 main parts of our department on a piece of paper and told me to pick one to take over. I kind of felt like I was throwing a dart at a dart board to determine my future. I picked Human Resources. I'm kind of interested in it anyway. It involves insurance coverage and other complicated stuff like that for a company of 50 employees. I know I can learn everything I need to, but I'm not sure that, for example, when an employee has an insurance problem they will want to come to a 20 year old college student to get it resolved. I almost titled this post "Mrs. Human Resources" to celebrate the marriage of Erica Raye Coats and the Human Resources Department of HBMG, Inc. Maybe I'm being dramatic, but it seems like a huge commitment. Nita (my supervisor) even asked if I planned on moving back home next summer. It looks like I'm in this for the long haul. I'll keep everyone posted on this saga. Hopefully there isn't a divorce looming in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home