The daily journal of a student at The University of Texas at Austin.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Details

As I promised, here are the details of the chaos on campus after the game last night. Right after the game I grabbed my keys and left. As I got closer to campus, the traffic got heavier and everyone was honking and yelling out their windows. I got a couple high fives out my window from people running down the middle of the road. There were tons of people hanging out of car windows and sitting in the backs of trucks, but I saw one guy standing on top of a car yelling as it was driving down the road. They had the drag blocked off because that's where most of the people were. While I was walking around on campus I heard at least 6 helicopters fly over in about 30 minutes. There was a line to get in to the Co-op and it was shoulder-to-shoulder on the whole first floor. They were already out of shirts though. They were supposed to be getting a new shipment of shirts at 2 am. There were news cameras all over the place recording all the craziness. Anyway, needless to say I didn't get much sleep last night. When I finally did go to bed, I couldn't go to sleep. I was really tired at work today, but it was definitely worth it! In honor of the win I had to wear burnt orange to work today, but I didn't have anything other than burnt orange t-shirts. So, I wore black dress pants, black high heels, and my Rose Bowl t-shirt. It was awesome. It was all awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home