The daily journal of a student at The University of Texas at Austin.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Great Weekend 3

This has been an awesome weekend! I started it out by going on a retreat with the university group at church. We went to a place called Champions Retreat in Marble Falls. It was much different than I expected. It was a real summer camp kind of place. Think of the movies "The Parent Trap" and "It Takes Two". It had no AC anywhere, the cabins were screened in, and they made announcements over a loud speaker. I never thought I would experience a camp like that as a junior in college, but it was cool. I met a lot of new people too. Then, last night me, Ellen, Travis, David, and Leah went bowling at The Union. Luckily there was a big screen TV in the bowling alley so I could watch the UT v. OSU game. We left right after we won and I drove them to their dorm. On the way there people started pouring onto the drag and everyone was honking their horns. I dropped them off and had to drive back down the drag to go home. It took me almost 30 minutes to go less than a mile. There were tons of people everywhere. They were all running in the road and giving people high fives. People were hanging out of car windows and standing in the back of trucks. I took pictures with my cell phone. It was crazy, but fun. Andrew called to tell me to wear burnt orange to church today, which I did. It has just been a great weekend. Anyway, I have to work from 8 to 6 tomorrow because I'm working at our company booth at the Job Fair for the refugess at the Austin Convention Center. That should be pretty neat, except for the long hours. I hope everyone has a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home