The daily journal of a student at The University of Texas at Austin.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Lotsa Stuff

This weekend was really good, with one exception.

On Friday afternoon my sister called me and told me that a guy I graduated with, Robby Martinez, was killed in Iraq on Thursday. He enlisted in the Marines right after we graduated. About 15 minutes before Casey called me I heard on the news that 10 Marines were killed in Iraq. It was even more sad when I realized I knew one of them.

I went to my church Christmas party on Friday night. The theme was 'Thrift Store Formal'. Everyone was wearing big, old, gawdy dresses. I wore a dress from the 60s that I wore for 'vintage day' during homecoming week during high school. We went to McDonald's for dinner and everyone there was blatantly staring at us. It was really funny because there were about 50 of us crowded in there. All the little kids were amazed and confused, along with most of the adults. Then we went roller skating. It was hilarious to see everyone roller skating in the hideous outfits they had on. I discovered that I skated better when I was a little kid than I do now. Anyway, after that we went to our college pastor's house and did a gift exchange. The rule for the gift was that it had to be something from your house. There were actually some pretty cool gifts. My gift got stolen twice, and I liked both of the ones that got stolen. I ended up with a half-dead plant. I watered it and put it in the window when I got home. It already looks better. So, that was my Friday.

On Saturday I studied all afternoon while turning on the Big XII Championship game every now and then. After we were winning 42-3 I quit turning it on. We ended up beating Colorado 70-3. That's absolutely ridiculous. At least we're going to the Rose Bowl!

On Satuday night I went out to eat with Anna, Madison, and Brandy. Then we watched Pride and Prejudice. I normally don't like movies like that, but it was really good. We decided that all guys should have to watch it and take notes ;)

Anyway, I went to church this morning and have been studying all afternoon. I only have one more week of class left and then a final on the 16th and 17th. Then I'm done with the semester and I'll officially be a senior!!

1 Comments:

Blogger T said...

Good luck with the plant. I do not do so well with plants. Sounds like your Christmas party was really fun :) And I agree, P&P is a classic and I am ready to go watch it again! :)Two thumbs up!!

3:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home