The daily journal of a student at The University of Texas at Austin.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Last Lake Weekend

Yesterday we went to The Woodlands and ate at Babin's with my dad's family. It was good, but kind of expensive. We went to Wal-Mart before we drove to the lake, which put us there an hour later than if we hadn't gone! I'm sure you understand how Wal-Mart trips are. We got to the lake and stayed the night there. I slept on the bottom bunk of one of the bunk beds in mine and Casey's room. I only managed to hit my head twice on the top bunk. The second time I just decided to get up because I was already 10:30. I slept late because I woke up and tossed and turned a lot in the night. My dad's sister and her husband, and my dad's brother and his wife, and their daughter and son, and his girlfriend came to the lake at noon. My uncle brought his boat. Right when we were going to go out on the lake it start lightning so we couldn't go out. It has rained almost every weekend we have been on the lake this summer! We finally got to go out. We ran into Andrew, Ryan, Coleman, and Caleb by Pine Island. At about 6 the wind started blowing really, really hard and we had to go back in really fast. We went and ate at Pueble Viejo with my aunt and uncle and we just got home about an hour ago. When we got back to Cleveland we saw that a bunch of limbs had been blown down, some tin ripped off the roof of a building across the street from HEB, and the power had been out. It looked like a little tornado had come through (literally, not just because it was a mess). Anyway, that was my weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home