The daily journal of a student at The University of Texas at Austin.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Post Hurricane Rita Update

-Cleveland still does not have power. More people have evacuated after the hurricane because of the heat than evacuated for the actual hurricane.
-None of our property was damaged, but my Nana's house was. Luckily, she has insurance.
-My mom and sister stayed with me from Thursday night to Tuesday afternoon. They went back only because the lake house now has power. My dad stayed in Cleveland.
-Heather is in Dallas with Jonathan's family. They may not be able to go back to Beaumont for awhile.
-It's 100+ degrees in Austin, 20 degrees above normal for this time of year.
-I have two tests in a row tomorrow morning.
-Gas is still expensive :(

1 Comments:

Blogger T said...

Yeah and isnt it crazy how Cleveland hasn't had school for like a week!! Our house is fine too but mom has been staying there with no power. Yuck. It didn't even rain in Waco. And it was 108 yesterday. Where is the cool weather?? I am glad your house and fam is okay! :)

3:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home